- Open to residents of the following countries
All Nationalities (except UK & EU)
- Be due to commence a full-time postgraduate Master’s programme at King’s College London in the 2017/18 academic year;
- Hold a conditional/unconditional offer for a full-time postgraduate Master at King’s College London in 2017/18 from the University’s Admissions Office (this means you should apply for a place at King’s no later than 31st March 2017);
- Be liable to pay tuition fees at the international/overseas (higher) rate;
- Fulfil the relevant academic and English proficiency entry requirements set by King’s College London;
- Complete and submit the required application documentation by the stated funding deadline (see below);
Please note that:
- The award is to be allocated towards the cost of tuition fees. Any remaining funds will be issued as a one-off payment;
- Students who are already registered on their respective postgraduate programme are not eligible to apply;
- These scholarships cannot be held on a part-time basis;
- Students who will pay tuition fees at the Home/EU rate are not eligible;
- Distance learning programmes are not eligible;
- For programmes longer than 12 months duration, the scholarship will be paid during the first year only;
- As the award provides partial funding only, applicants must be able to confirm that they have/are seeking the means to support any outstanding fees/costs not covered by this scheme, i.e. through other funding awards or self-funding.
- Applicable subjects
Applications may be submitted
from 20-Jan-2017 until 01-May-2017
Information about the funding
The Graduate School at King’s College London is offering up to 8 scholarships to international students who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate Masters degree programme in any discipline at King’s College London commencing in the 2017/18 academic year.
Information about the application
Once the application deadline has passed, the Postgraduate & Graduate School Support (PGSS) office will gather and record details of all the online funding applications received. Further information and documentation will be extracted from the university’s admissions records/student records, as necessary.
The PGSS office will check the eligibility of all applicants and circulate details/materials to the appropriate Faculty for consideration. All eligible applicants who have applied appropriately for our PGT funding schemes will be considered for the opportunity. Please be aware that applicants must already hold an admission offer by the funding application deadline of 1 May 2017.
Note that, where eligible, an applicant can be considered for more than one type of funding scheme, and if successful, the applicant may be permitted to hold more than one type of award, as long as the funds are not seen to be overlapping. Please refer to the ‘Conditions & Regulations of Funding’ section for further guidance.
Applicants will be judged against the following criteria:
– Academic merit / degree qualifications;
– Professional qualifications achieved, where relevant;
– Strength of personal statement;
– Applicant’s future plans, and what they plan to do with the postgraduate taught degree;
– Confirmation of other funds sought/secured, whether from other scholarships or family/self funds. Note that preference may be given to applicants who have already secured some ‘partial’ funding from alternative sources towards the cost of the postgraduate taught degree programme;
– Preference may be given to students who have not previously undertaken a postgraduate degree programme.
Faculties will be asked to provide details of their selected candidate(s), together with a list of reserve candidates, by the end of June 2017. Final decisions may be conducted by a central King’s Graduate School selection panel.
Value of award
In order to be considered for an award, candidates must:
1) Have submitted a complete online admissions application (via https://apply.kcl.ac.uk/) for a postgraduate Master’s programme and been offered a conditional/unconditional place at King’s College London by the University’s Admissions Office:
Admissions applications must be ‘complete’ in order for an application to be considered for funding, and for an admissions application to be deemed ‘complete’ it must contain all the relevant supporting documentation required by the Faculty and Department applied to, such as references, transcripts, and English language scores. It will be the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all supporting materials are submitted to the College in time for the Admissions Office and Admissions Tutor to assess the application for a place on the Master’s programme (normal assessment period 4-6 weeks), but definitely no later than 31st March 2017.*
2) Submit an online postgraduate taught (PGT) funding form by 1st May 2017, 23:59. Note that this online funding application form should only be completed after a complete admissions application has been submitted to the university and a place on the programme has been offered (this can be conditional). The online funding form can be accessed at: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/fees-and-funding/student-funding/postgraduate-taught-funding/pgt-funding-form.aspx
Failure to submit both application forms, as appropriate, by the application deadline will result in the application being ineligible.
For full details about the award, please refer to the attached PDF document, downloadable from the bottom of this page.
For general queries about the scholarship scheme please contact:
Postgraduate & Graduate School Support
King’s College London
Tel: 020 7848 3389/4568/4147
The Graduate School
Please note the database is updated regularly but is a guide only and not a guarantee of funding nor an exhaustive list of all funding available.